What are the top-rated hotels in De Pijp, Amsterdam based on the 2023 review of PAA (Professional Association of Accommodation)?
De Pijp Amsterdam Hotels (2023 Review)
Welcome to De Pijp, a vibrant neighborhood in Amsterdam that offers a unique blend of culture, history, and modern luxuries. De Pijp Amsterdam Hotels are the perfect choice for travelers looking to immerse themselves in the lively atmosphere and experience the city like a local.
Situated just south of Amsterdam’s city center, De Pijp is known for its bohemian charm and diverse community. It is home to the famous Albert Cuyp Market, which offers a wide range of local produce, street food, and handmade goods. The neighborhood is also dotted with picturesque cafes, boutiques, and beautiful parks, making it an ideal base for exploring the city.
De Pijp is well-connected to the rest of Amsterdam through an extensive public transportation network. The area is served by multiple tram lines, including Line 3, which can take you directly to the city center and popular attractions like Dam Square and the Anne Frank House. Additionally, there are several bus routes that pass through De Pijp, providing convenient access to other parts of the city.
If you’re planning to drive to De Pijp, there are several parking facilities available in the area. However, it’s important to note that parking in Amsterdam can be quite expensive and limited. It is recommended to research and reserve a parking spot in advance to avoid any inconvenience during your stay.
How to Reach De Pijp
There are multiple options to reach De Pijp from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol. The most convenient and time-efficient option is to take a taxi or use ride-sharing services. Another option is to take the train to Amsterdam Zuid station and then transfer to a tram or bus that can take you directly to De Pijp. Alternatively, you can also use the airport shuttle service provided by some hotels, which offers a seamless transfer to your accommodation.
Highlights, Features, and Specialties
- Albert Cuyp Market – Explore the bustling market and enjoy a variety of local treats, fresh produce, and unique souvenirs.
- Heineken Experience – Visit the historic Heineken brewery and learn about the brewing process while sampling the famous Dutch beer.
- Sarphatipark – Take a leisurely stroll in this charming park, known for its beautiful flowerbeds and serene atmosphere.
- Rijksmuseum – Discover world-class art collections, including famous works by Rembrandt and Vermeer, at this renowned museum.
- Vondelpark – Escape the city buzz and relax in Amsterdam’s most popular park, featuring scenic walking paths, ponds, and outdoor performances.
De Pijp offers a diverse culinary scene with numerous cafes, restaurants, and bars to satisfy all tastes. From traditional Dutch cuisine to international flavors, you’ll find a wide range of options within walking distance of your hotel. Don’t forget to try some local delicacies like stroopwafels, haring, and bitterballen during your stay!
De Pijp Amsterdam Hotels provide a range of amenities to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable stay. Common amenities include:
- Free Wi-Fi
- 24-hour front desk
- Room service
- Fitness center
- Conference facilities
Rates, Available Rooms, and Promotions
For the most up-to-date rates, available rooms, and promotions, visit AmsterdamHotelDeals.nl. They offer a wide selection of hotels in De Pijp and other areas of Amsterdam to suit various budgets and preferences.
Suggestions for Things to Do and See
While staying in De Pijp, take advantage of its central location to explore some of Amsterdam’s top attractions:
- Visit the iconic Anne Frank House and gain insight into the life of Anne Frank during World War II.
- Explore the historic canals of Amsterdam with a canal cruise, offering panoramic views of the city’s picturesque architecture.
- Immerse yourself in Dutch art and culture at the Van Gogh Museum, which houses the world’s largest collection of Vincent van Gogh’s works.
- Experience the vibrant nightlife of Amsterdam’s famous Red Light District, known for its entertainment venues and unique atmosphere.
- Take a bike ride through the city’s bike-friendly streets and explore off-the-beaten-path neighborhoods.
Description and History
De Pijp was originally a working-class neighborhood that has transformed into a trendy and multicultural area over the years. It is named after the narrow streets, resembling a pipe (pijp in Dutch). The neighborhood is known for its vibrant energy, artistic scene, and rich history. Today, De Pijp is a melting pot of cultures, offering a unique blend of traditional and modern influences.
Some De Pijp Amsterdam Hotels may offer additional services to enhance your stay, such as bike rental to explore the city on two wheels. This is a great way to experience Amsterdam like a local and enjoy the city’s extensive bike path network.
i amsterdam City Card
The i amsterdam City Card is the perfect companion for your stay in Amsterdam. It offers free access to many of the city’s top attractions and museums, unlimited use of public transportation, and discounts on various activities and restaurants. Be sure to check the website for more information and to purchase the card.